The Japanese national cuisine, especially national dishes of Japan
National cuisine of Japan, is unlike any kitchen, however, it can be said of any cuisine of the world. National cuisine, it is one of the many attractions of Japan.
The secret of national cuisine is a careful selection of products, attitude products, the beauty of the ritual and eating the food.
Peculiarities of the national cuisine of Japan:
1) the Japanese use mostly fresh and of excellent quality. Products “long term storage” are not used in cooking, it does not apply to sauces and rice.
2) Huge selection of seafood.
3) unlike the cuisine of Asian States, the Japanese tend to keep the original look of the ingredients, especially the taste.
4) there is the Japanese seasonal kitchen, i.e. dishes are cooked according to time of year.
5) the Japanese prefer a meal of a considerable quantity of dishes, with different tastes, but in small portions.
6) unlike other countries in the world, Japanese people use knives and forks, and rely mostly on special sticks, some
meals are eaten with the fingers. Ready meals are served in small slices, it is convenient to take chopsticks, and not have to share. Not to mention ceramic spoon (metal is not used), it is large and deep, that with its help the Japanese eat soups or broth.
7) Particular attention is paid to the serving and presentation of meals. The emphasis on the Japanese make aesthetic design of appearance and the dishes and table.
8) the Japanese Have their own, specific table etiquette.
The first thing that comes to mind when talking about the cuisine of Japan, it’s rice, sushi, green tea. However, the Japanese are not just limited to these products. Next, we will try to figure out what foods are the daily diet of the Japanese.
As we said above, the Japanese use only fresh products. The Foundation of Japanese cuisine is rice. For the preparation of various dishes, the Japanese use rice with a good gluten, which when cooked, the rice provides the appearance of lumps. Due to these properties, the rice can be eaten with chopsticks. Rice is used for cooking, as individual dishes, and combo meals.
We should talk about seafood. As Japan is washed by seas, the problem in fish is not felt. By the way, seafood ranked second after rice. Seafood are minor heat treated (steamed, roasted), with the exception of some dishes, they are served raw (sushi). Seaweed is also widely used in Japanese cuisine.
No matter how criticized soy, however, it is widely used in Japanese cuisine. By the way, in Japan the soy came from China.
As true connoisseurs of natural ingredients that the Japanese use in food nearly all cultivated and wild plants: cucumbers, lettuce, cabbage, carrots. For side dishes and sauces are used for specific plants such as Lotus, bamboo, potato, white radish, horseradish.
Can be found in Japanese dishes and noodles, it is prepared with buckwheat or wheat flour.
The Japanese usually say that they were mainly vegetarians, but it is not. And although the meat is considered a delicacy, it is still present in various dishes, mainly pork and beef. But the use of meat, not a national dish, it has borrowed from European and Chinese cuisine.
And finally about the drinks. The main Japanese drink is sake (rice wine, alcohol volume is 15-17%), and, of course, green tea. Modern Japanese people started to drink instant coffee and fruit juices.