National cuisine of Japan, is unlike any kitchen, however, it can be said of any cuisine of the world. National cuisine, it is one of the many attractions of Japan.
The secret of national cuisine is a careful selection of products, attitude products, the beauty of the ritual and eating the food.
Peculiarities of the national cuisine of Japan:
1) the Japanese use mostly fresh and of excellent quality. Products “long term storage” are not used in cooking, it does not apply to sauces and rice.
2) Huge selection of seafood.
3) unlike the cuisine of Asian States, the Japanese tend to keep the original look of the ingredients, especially the taste.
4) there is the Japanese seasonal kitchen, i.e. dishes are cooked according to time of year.
5) the Japanese prefer a meal of a considerable quantity of dishes, with different tastes, but in small portions.
6) unlike other countries in the world, Japanese people use knives and forks, and rely mostly on special sticks, some
meals are eaten with the fingers. Ready meals are served in small slices, it is convenient to take chopsticks, and not have to share. Not to mention ceramic spoon (metal is not used), it is large and deep, that with its help the Japanese eat soups or broth.
7) Particular attention is paid to the serving Continue reading
In Japan chopsticks (Hashi) came from China in the 12th century and were made of bamboo. It was believed that eating with chopsticks immortal gods and emperors. There are many variations of shapes and sizes of reusable chopsticks, which sometimes present a work of art: they are painted, lacquered, encrusted with mother-of-pearl and decorated with different patterns.
Modern Hasi are of bone, wood (bamboo, pine, cypress, plum, maple, black or purple sandalwood), round or square cross-section with a conical or pyramidal tip.
Varieties of Japanese chopsticks
Now in most restaurants of Japanese cuisine chopsticks disposable (waribashi), made of plastic. Disposable chopsticks are a relatively recent invention, which appeared at the end of last century. Often before use they should, if you haven’t already, break along.
It is believed that chopsticks are training small muscles, developing mental abilities, so in Japan are taught to deal with Hashi from an early age. Instilling in children the desire to master the chopsticks Japanese scientists consider important and relevant for your country task. Confirmation Continue reading