Velesajam day traditionally celebrates the middle of winter. At this time all nature is still asleep, and only Velez Korovin goes through villages and towns, playing the magic flute and not allowing people to be sad. This legend is reinforced by the occasion. It is also believed that Veles is the protector of cattle, but because that Pets do not freeze in severe frosts, February 11, sprinkle them with Holy water.
Milkmaids, in turn, should drink strong honey, “cows were affectionate,” and then symbolically have to beat the men with boards for spinning flax on the back, “the oxen were obedient”.
In this day and performed the rite of the distillate “cow’s death”. For it invite pouwelse that plays various scenes from everyday life that, in the opinion of the people, allows us to attract good luck, take trouble, to ensure good growth of cattle and abundance. And organized a special procession, after which the required conduct ritual fight of Veles and Marena. Mummers finish the staging, and begins the feast. By the way, on this day it is forbidden to cook beef dishes, but otherwise there are no restrictions.
Holiday February 11: world Day of the sick
The traditions of the peoples of the world are varied and sometimes surprising. This is especially true of sexual practices, says megasion.
• Svingerstva did not originate in Western Europe, and not even in America. In Australia the tribe of arunta made to share wives.
• And in the Ancient Roman Empire sex spouses were engaged in the presence of witnesses. Roman women visited the statue of Priapa – Roman God of fertility, which was of wood, and sometimes stone phallus, with the aim to have intercourse with the deity.
• During the Cologne carnival in Germany men do not feel ashamed to offer sexual services of any woman.
• In hot Africa – hot sex! Group sex no novelty there. Of course, it’s all done out of good intentions to get abundant harvest.
• Men of the tribe tupinamba (Brazil) sure that the bigger male organ, the more likely to Woo the ladies, so they provoke poisonous snakes to bite their phallus.
• In the tribe Batam (Sumatra) men tuck under the foreskin of small stones and metal pieces, increasing the force of the impact member during coitus.
• Japanese and Korean women, trying to strengthen an erection partner, podkalyvayut his groin Golden needle.
• Another unusual tradition in Japan: mother in law young daughter in law teaches Continue reading
Culinary Christmas traditions of different peoples in different countries and at different times can be considered similar from the point of view of two main characteristics. One of them is on the table should be plenty and rich! The second is the symbolism of the dishes or the whole menu Christmas buffet in General.
Symbolism of new year’s eve menu
By the way, the second characteristic, is also the reason for such a different set of dishes on home family dinner of the year in different parts of the globe.
Christmas table is almost always full of dishes with the most complex and rich – as a symbol of prosperity and abundance. Ingredients for holiday treats are chosen from the most costly and sophisticated products. There is a place and the usual snacks – but the cut, layout and flow are very different from the everyday.
Meat culinary new year traditions
Depending on the preferences of this or that mistress, tastes of her family, national traditions and new-fangled culinary trends the main dish prepared from meat, poultry or fish, and often several. For example, baked chicken, jellied minced meat and fish platter of salted and smoked delicacies. Or roasted pig, fish in aspic and sliced smoked Turkey and chicken. In France, Continue reading