Public holidays in Japan
As in any other country, in Japan there are several kinds of festivals: traditional, borrowed and official. Traditional, as a rule, go back to ancient customs or religious holidays and calendar special notes do not have. As well as elsewhere, wishing mark all borrowed holidays, for example Valentine’s Day, Halloween and other Western celebrations. «the Law on national holidays», which was adopted on 20 July 1948 sets a date for the weekend which are common to the whole country, in Japanese they are called “kokumin-but sukumizu”.
What are national holidays of Japan
Among all the other countries Japan leads in the number of official holiday dates. So what are the Public holidays in Japan?
Let’s start from the beginning of the calendar. So, January 1 is the beginning of the New year. As in many other countries in Japan on this day people cook different dishes, give gifts and just have fun. There’s also a funny tradition to pay special attention to any case that in the new year made for the first time.
After all, if it is done well it will bring success in the new year. January 15 is the Day of age. On this day all boys and girls who have reached 20 years of age, celebrate the holiday. After all, this is the age of adulthood in Japan. From this moment Continue reading
The traditions of the peoples of the world are varied and sometimes surprising. This is especially true of sexual practices, says megasion.
• Svingerstva did not originate in Western Europe, and not even in America. In Australia the tribe of arunta made to share wives.
• And in the Ancient Roman Empire sex spouses were engaged in the presence of witnesses. Roman women visited the statue of Priapa – Roman God of fertility, which was of wood, and sometimes stone phallus, with the aim to have intercourse with the deity.
• During the Cologne carnival in Germany men do not feel ashamed to offer sexual services of any woman.
• In hot Africa – hot sex! Group sex no novelty there. Of course, it’s all done out of good intentions to get abundant harvest.
• Men of the tribe tupinamba (Brazil) sure that the bigger male organ, the more likely to Woo the ladies, so they provoke poisonous snakes to bite their phallus.
• In the tribe Batam (Sumatra) men tuck under the foreskin of small stones and metal pieces, increasing the force of the impact member during coitus.
• Japanese and Korean women, trying to strengthen an erection partner, podkalyvayut his groin Golden needle.
• Another unusual tradition in Japan: mother in law young daughter in law teaches Continue reading
Culture, traditions, customs, Israel, Maldives, Seychelles, Mauritius, Thailand. Travel company Unique World
Residents of Cyprus are very proud of their cultural heritage, which stretches back more than 9000 years. On the island there are many traditions and customs . However, Cyprus is today more interested in the events of 20 years ago than those that happened thousands of years ago. The inhabitants of the Northern part of the island adhere to the traditions and culture of their neighbour – Turkey: are Turkish names, prefer Turkish cuisine and are followers of Islam. Since North Cyprus is annexed by Turkey, the entry of tourists is prohibited. In another part of the island prefer the Greek tradition, the Greek cuisine and profess the Orthodox religion.
Cyprus with its long history abounds with various cultural and historical sights. Organization UNESCO has included in its World Heritage List nine Byzantine churches and even a city – Kata Paphos.
For many centuries the culture of Cyprus were formed on the basis of cultural exchange between Europe, Asia and Africa. This happened because of its geographical location. However, the Cyprus traditions and customs have their own charm. They best reflected in the ceremonies and other special events in a person’s life. Continue reading