Velesajam day traditionally celebrates the middle of winter. At this time all nature is still asleep, and only Velez Korovin goes through villages and towns, playing the magic flute and not allowing people to be sad. This legend is reinforced by the occasion. It is also believed that Veles is the protector of cattle, but because that Pets do not freeze in severe frosts, February 11, sprinkle them with Holy water.
Milkmaids, in turn, should drink strong honey, “cows were affectionate,” and then symbolically have to beat the men with boards for spinning flax on the back, “the oxen were obedient”.
In this day and performed the rite of the distillate “cow’s death”. For it invite pouwelse that plays various scenes from everyday life that, in the opinion of the people, allows us to attract good luck, take trouble, to ensure good growth of cattle and abundance. And organized a special procession, after which the required conduct ritual fight of Veles and Marena. Mummers finish the staging, and begins the feast. By the way, on this day it is forbidden to cook beef dishes, but otherwise there are no restrictions.
Holiday February 11: world Day of the sick
The traditions of the peoples of the world are varied and sometimes surprising. This is especially true of sexual practices, says megasion.
• Svingerstva did not originate in Western Europe, and not even in America. In Australia the tribe of arunta made to share wives.
• And in the Ancient Roman Empire sex spouses were engaged in the presence of witnesses. Roman women visited the statue of Priapa – Roman God of fertility, which was of wood, and sometimes stone phallus, with the aim to have intercourse with the deity.
• During the Cologne carnival in Germany men do not feel ashamed to offer sexual services of any woman.
• In hot Africa – hot sex! Group sex no novelty there. Of course, it’s all done out of good intentions to get abundant harvest.
• Men of the tribe tupinamba (Brazil) sure that the bigger male organ, the more likely to Woo the ladies, so they provoke poisonous snakes to bite their phallus.
• In the tribe Batam (Sumatra) men tuck under the foreskin of small stones and metal pieces, increasing the force of the impact member during coitus.
• Japanese and Korean women, trying to strengthen an erection partner, podkalyvayut his groin Golden needle.
• Another unusual tradition in Japan: mother in law young daughter in law teaches Continue reading
Japan could compete with our country lots of holidays. Particularly fruitful in this respect is considered in Japan the month of may.
Official holidays, which are days off in Japan fourteen, starting from the New year and ending with the birthday of the Emperor. In addition to the national holidays in Japan you can add another hundred holidays that are not weekends. Almost every day in this country celebrate a holiday, and sometimes two. Such a number of weekends and holidays compensates for short holidays that last in this country not more than twelve days.
However, to the main holiday of the Japanese you can actually add two more. First – it’s the holidays, which adjoins the birthday of Emperor Akihito, celebrated on December 23. The second “Golden week” begins the twenty-ninth of April and ends on the fifth of may. Main leave the Japanese to take the same summer, on the eve of the traditional Day of commemoration. Because at this time their main duty the Japanese believe visit native places and graves of their ancestors.
the “Golden week” includes four of the state holiday. The first falls on the twenty-ninth of April – Greenery Day, then the third of may – Constitution Continue reading